Tag: Ports of Auckland
The Cloud or “Party Central” for the Rugby World Cup at Queens Wharf with Ports of Auckland cranes behind
Click image to enlarge
Visit The Weekend in Black and White for more B&W photography
A detail of one lamp of the the Ports of Auckland’s red-painted wrought iron fence basking in the afternoon light
The fence and lamps were built between 1913 – 1923
Cruise ship in town
The P&O Pacific Jewel on Queen’s Wharf, just behind the Red Fence on Quay Street.
The Ports of Auckland’s red-painted wrought iron fence and lamps was built between 1913 and 1923.
A gorgeous view of the city captured from Stanley Point in Devonport. Right in the middle, to the left of the Ferry building you can see Queens Wharf. Today the NZ government and the Auckland Regional Council purchsed the property for 40 mil. NZ Dollars to develop it as a recreational centre for the 2011 Rugby World Cup. Queens Wharf is currently a depot for used cars and ripening bananas.